Me                        Me                        Me                        Me

Saturday, August 16, 2014

My Silhouette Cutting Station Worktable

I sold off all of my Cricut cartridges and machine in order to buy a Silhouette.  I am so happy I did the Silhouette does so much more then the Cricut Expression I had.  I needed a good place to work with the Silhouette and connect it to my computer.

I tried using a plastic roll cart and that was not sturdy enough for the silhouette and supplies. We looked at building a custom cart or buying a separate desk. I wanted something on wheels so I can use the silhouette where I am which during the day is mostly in the living room during homeschool.

My solution was a tool cart from Sears.  We used them in my son's room since he wanted a garage style theme and these tool carts can hold a ton of LEGO. I stole an extra one my husband had in the garage and it worked perfectly for my needs.  It is large enough to hold and store the Silhouette plus lots of drawer space for supplies, tools, vinyl, cutting mats etc. and it is on wheels.


This is the one we have except in red Craftsman Tool Cart 



4 drawer Red Craftsman Tool cart  It is 26" wide 18" deep 32" tall  

I still need to add vinyl to pretty it up :) 


Drawer 1 holds my tools, punches, tape etc 




Drawer 2 Has current projects working on 


Drawer 3 - transfer tape, cutting mats 



Drawer 4 - Stores Silhouette Cameo plus scrap vinyl 



The drawer is deep enough to store a Silhouette Cameo, cords and extra 


I added a scrap piece of wood to the top for a flat working surface


It is 18" deep which is enough for the mat to freely move behind the silhouette. 











No comments:

Post a Comment